Oh Joy Holiday Pop-Up 2017 Vendor Details
* Jump straight to the application form! Click here. *
“Oh Joy Pop-Ups” raise awareness and generate support for local businesses and community partners.
- Dates: Friday, December 8th 5 to 8 pm and Saturday, December 9th 9 am to 4 pm
- Location: The Rachel Greenhouse Strategic Marketing Agency, 5163 Bloomington Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55417
vendor applications and fees
- Prospective vendors must submit an application through our website along with a non-refundable processing fee of $15. Vendors chosen for the event will be able to apply that application fee to the event cost.
- Your application will be reviewed by owners of the sponsoring businesses: The Rachel Greenhouse Agency, Urban Cottage and Cake Plus-Size Resale. We will be selecting 15 unique and varied vendors to feature, in order to curate a thoughtful gallery of gift options for our holiday shoppers. To ensure a balanced event, we will limit the number of vendors offering specific styles and focusing on particular product categories.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance. However, we will be offering future pop-up events throughout the year and will curate different combinations of vendors each time, so you may be considered for one of our pop-ups again soon.
- The vendor’s participation fee is $100. As stated above, the $15 application fee will be deducted from this cost for vendors selected to participate. Payments are non-refundable for any reason.
- Vendors are responsible for selling their own items at the event and all monies collected at the vendor booth belong to the vendor. Each vendor can bring 1 additional person (total of 2 persons) to assist at the event.
- Table space: Each vendor will provide his or her own 6-foot by 2-foot or 6-foot by 18-inch or 6-foot by 30-inch table, along with a clean black or white tablecloth. Each vendor may also bring one folding chair if seating will be needed. All product must be displayed on top of the provided table.
- We will assign locations for each vendor’s table. We are unable to fill requests for placement in specific areas.
- Vendors must pay close attention to display and organization (all decor is provided by the vendor), be friendly, promote good customer service and keep merchandise stocked throughout the event.
- The Oh Joy Pop-Up Shop will be open for business as follows: Friday, December 8th from 5 to 8 pm AND Saturday, December 9th from 9 am to 4 pm. Vendor set up will take place on Friday, December 8th between 1 and 4:30 pm. Late set-up/ arrivals and early tear-downs/ departures are not permitted.
- Load in and load out of all company products and merchandise are the responsibility of the vendor. Free parking is readily available on the surrounding residential streets. The venue is located on the street level and there is an accessible sidewalk with ramp for ease of load in.
- Each vendor will provide one door prize (minimum value is $25) that will be used to generate donations for our charitable partner, The Angel Foundation.
- Each vendor is responsible for his or her own checkout. Each company may have up to 2 people total to assist with event operations at no additional charge.
- Wireless internet connections will be available during the event. We will offer this for free if at all possible; if a charge becomes necessary, we estimate that to cost approximately $5 per day.
- Note: The restroom is in the basement, not on the main floor.
- Each vendor is asked to generously and repeatedly share the event with his or her own networks, utilizing the tools provided by event planners/ promoters, The Rachel Greenhouse Agency. We will design postcards, posters, email graphics and content, poster and social media graphics for our own marketing efforts. Upon request, we will provide these files to vendors for duplication and distribution to their own lists, and this is highly recommended.
- Please share the event page with your networks on Facebook.
- We will prepare a press release and submit event details to all relevant media contacts. However, we cannot guarantee the nature or frequency of press coverage. Coverage is at the sole discretion of the media.
- All sponsors will promote the event through our websites, social media and e-newsletters. Whenever possible, we will also link to our vendors’ individual business websites and social media when we promote the event as a whole.